- This class has passed.
Girls’ Voices Writing Workshop for 4th-6th Graders (6 weeks)
Sunday, April 8 @ 4:45 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:45pm on Sunday, repeating until Sunday, May 13, 2018
We believe it’s so important for girls to have a safe space to work on expressing themselves verbally and in writing that we created a writing class just for them.
We use a combination of mindfulness and creative writing to find our unique writing voices. Participants are free to write whatever they want–stories, poems, journal entries, and so forth—but are always given prompts to help them find something to write about if they need inspiration. We will write in class during every meeting, and writing at home is always optional (there is no homework and there are no grades).
Goals for Girls’ Voices include:
- To understand and value your unique writing voice
- To start to build stamina as a writer
- To gain an appreciation of different voices in the written word
- To find community in other writers of your age
- To have a safe space to explore your voice and writing without judgment or fear
- To build self-confidence and self-esteem in class that will translate outside to experiences outside of class
*This class is for girls in 4th-6th grades.
**Pizza is served each week right after class. There is a suggested donation of $15 per child, collected at the first class.