- This class has passed.
Writing as Craft (8-Week Classes for 7th-9th Grade Girls)
Sunday, January 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30pm on Sunday, repeating until Sunday, March 24, 2019
For girls in 7th-9th grades
For the budding young writer who wants to hone her craft… Writing as Craft is an 8-week class that features longer free-writing time, specific discussions each week about different aspects of the writing process, and longer time working in small groups. Writers who create and share work electronically are more than welcome.
Goals for Writing as Craft include:
- To gain knowledge of the writing process
- To further understand and value your unique writing voice
- To continue to build stamina as a writer
- To gain an appreciation of different voices in the written word
- To find community in other writers of your age
- To have a safe space to explore your voice and writing without judgment or fear
- To continue to build self-confidence and self-esteem in class that will translate outside to experiences outside of class
- To explore your voice and writing without judgment or fear
- To build self-confidence and self-esteem in class, which will translate to experiences outside of class